Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Friday, January 17, 2014

It is in the simple gestures that courage comes

One thing I have learned over the past many months is that emotions swing minute by minute...moment to moment.

A relatively normal day can change on a dime, without warning and so swiftly it makes your head spin.

A smell.

A sound.

A sight.

A memory.

A song.

A word or two.

And of course the dreaded visions, which comes with all of the things listed above.  The damn visions hit me fast and furious at any given moment throughout my day.  They make me feel like I am going crazy...ok fine, crazier than I already was.  hehe  And really any other thing can send me right into the open arms of a vision.  My constant reminder of the horror of those moments, of my helplessness, of how I failed, of my mortality, of all that is lost.  But too, of the power of love and faith.  That in the precise moment I would fall,  a power greater than everything could fill me with strength and allow me to hear your final thoughts on this earth.  That is something I pray I will never forget.   Never.

And so it is, on a day I struggle to be strong, to be positive and step forward one foot in front of the other, a simple gesture falls in my hands.  

The mailman brings me a gift from an old friend.  A few words of love and encouragement, of friendship and humanity.

And it is in the simple gestures that courage comes.

I am blessed 




No comments:

Post a Comment