Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Sunday, January 19, 2014

A bluest sky

From where I sit on the couch, I've moved to your spot, a look to the left affords me a perfectly framed picture of the bluest sky.

A further look up and I see giant billowy white clouds in a hurry to get out of my view, where they are running to I do not know.

A slight look back down again and I am faced with a frame within a frame, it is called 'Friends' and staring back at me are the faces of my girls, my loves, my hearts...minus of course, one.

If I go lower than even that I see a green pine so tall,  but not to be outdone by a now leafless tree that stands four feet above the pine.  

Fifteen feet from the top of that tallest tree there is a giant red/brown ball of leaves that harbors a family of the busiest squirrels.  I believe there are four.

I know this so well because when I am stuck this is where I am and that is what I see.  Some days it's still, some days it moves.  Today it is moving, swiftly to the right.  The picture is always the same yet each day it is different each moment it changes.  

And while I am writing this a Blue Heron flew through,  right to left.

I bring my eyes back in and the room seems so dark, the house so quiet and empty and I remember again that I am alone so I quickly turn back to a bluest sky.

I miss you David, I miss you from way way deep down, my soul misses your soul in a big big way. I just wanted you to know what it is that I see.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment