Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Together again...

Good Morning my sunshine...

Well we made it through another milestone, quietly, together...yet alone.  The kids were here, however we all pretty much kept to our separate corners.  I made grilled cheese sandwiches for Josh and I.  He's so cute and appreciative, the way he looked at the plate...with his grapes and pretzels, you would have thought it was lobster or something.  Silly boy.

Close to dinner time he started poking around the kitchen then does his bit 'Mom gave me some money to buy us pizza, is that okay?'  Between you and me...mom did not give him money, it's his money but he knows if he tells me that I won't let him pay...little imp.  So I gathered Gillian and we ran down our options and decided to go out to Ruby Tuesdays. 

GiGi wanted her avocado turkey burger as usual, Josh with his grilled salmon, as usual and I planned on the grilled chicken and broccoli on penne pasta w/ grilled zucchini squash.  Yumm, couldn't wait!  The waiter came and I blurted out my order, which was not what I had planned in my head...I blurted out what you would have ordered.  What?!?  Gillian's head just pops up and she says "why did you get that...do you even like it...you've never gotten that before."  HA...why indeed.  I answered, "I don't know, I guess because I saw it on a show earlier that David and I used to watch all the time."    Nope...I think you did that.  And by the way, I didn't like it so don't do that again!!!

While waiting for our food we all talked so much...did you hear us?  Gillian about how pretty she is (ugh) and how she has decided she is conceited because she thinks very highly of herself...what?  Josh and I just sat there with our mouths open like...WOW.   I just said "well that's great honey, but if you act conceited it ruins the entire effect."  Too funny, I'm secretly very glad she feels that way about herself rather than having no self esteem at all.  As long as she doesn't act like a brat I'm thrilled.  Then we moved to Josh and about how he must have girls falling all over themselves for him and he opened up a lot for him.  I was a very happy mom at that moment, laughing and joking and sharing with our kids.  I'm so in love with them.   Anyways...Gillian wanted pumpkin cheesecake to take home, then Josh did too...I don't like it, I'm a die hard plain cheesecake kind of girl with cherries on top, but I got some too.  Later I realized that Evelyn was famous for her pumpkin cheesecake.  I guess I was just a big giant puppet for you and Eve last night, which is fine by me. 

I know you were there, I felt a shift, I felt for the first time really that I could finally talk to Josh about you and how he is doing with all of it.  Up to this point I have not really done that.  So on the ride home, with Gillian at the wheel, I turned to Josh and told him that I had not really talked to him this way because I was worried he wasn't ready for it but that now I wanted to know how he is feeling and that he should know he is safe to talk, cry, yell or whatever when he is with us because we know exactly what he is going through as we are going through it too.  He talked a little and thanked me.  And at that moment I knew it was time to offer him your ring if he was ready for it... said he was and couldn't wait to get home to get it.  Silly boy. 

Feeling very light and blessed I turned back around and looked out the windshield just in time to see a HUGE shooting star.  Gillian saw it too.  All I could say was "Hi my David."  We sat in silence for the rest of the ride.  

I hope you saw when I gave Joshua your ring love.  He BEAMED...he's such a little boy at heart and he makes me melt all the time.  He is so happy and all he could do for the rest of the night was stare and fiddle with it.  I love that that boy will now walk each day with a piece of his Dad always on his person.  I just love that.

What a day, what a night, what a life...I may not have liked my dinner and desert choices but that's okay...the kids and I had a blast and I'm just so happy we three, you me and Eve, were together again for just one night.

All of my love to you babe.


No comments:

Post a Comment