Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

In the blink of an eye

How many times in your life have you heard this, or said it?  "In the blink of an eye"...

Stop what you are doing and just sit a minute, pace your breathing and just look out across the room or where ever you are right now...notice...pay attention...to when you blink.  We do it without even knowing and we do it approximately 10,000 times a day...that's 15 to 20 times a minute.  Huh, I wonder who's job it is to keep count.

We all know it has a purpose of keeping our eyes clear of dust and to keep them moistened. Now research shows that a blink switches the brain from the dorsal attention network, which apparently helps you attentively watch a movie, to the default mode network.  Kind of like a little nap for the brain.  And no, we can not cross our arms and nod our head with a big blink and change 'channels'.  The change only occurs when done automatically, not on purpose.  Sorry Jeannie!

One day in May, I snapped a picture with my cell phone...


Photo: Cinco de Mayo with David and Evelyn...great food, great people, great friends.  They sure figured out how to make May 5th all about them!!!  LOL
My David

...And then I blinked.  I freaking blinked, dammit, and in doing so I missed the most life altering moment of my life.  That man in the picture, my David, was gone, he was no longer standing on that rock.  He was gone...NEVER to return.  I freaking blinked, dammit.

In the blink of an eye, I lost my husband, our life, our hopes, our dreams, our joy, our present, our future, our struggles, our everything.  I lost my teenage sweetheart, my mid life reconnection, I lost my boyfriend, my best friend, my one true love, my soul mate.  I lost the man of my dreams. In the blink of an eye my world shattered, along with my heart.  In that blink of an eye, I also lost one of my best girlfriends.

Who knew blinking could be so hazardous to your health.  I'll give 'em this though...that blink sure has made my eyes moist...no chance of drying up now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment