Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Butterfly

It is another significant day in that it is the last day of May...The month in which one of my best friends, Evelyn, and my husband David drowned.  Turning the page in the calendar is hard to do, everything is so hard to do now.

It is BOILING hot out...we are in a mini heat wave and the temperatures are unbearable.  I am sitting on the couch with the curtains closed trying to keep the sun out so the room can stay cool for a little longer.  I'm working on my laptop, trying to organize all the things that I have had to and still have to remember to do now that my husband is gone...change names on accounts etc.

Most that know me, know that I am someone who can not stand noises.  A tap tap tap, or a click click click is enough to drive me insane until I can figure out what it is and stop it.  When my kids were babies I would hold off as long as I could while they did bang bang bang with a spoon or what have you.  Then I would have to hand them a sock to play with...nice and quiet.  LOL  I know, I have issues.  I always say it!

This day I am working at the couch and I'm noticing a tap tap tap.  It's loud, but I'm the only one home and I'm kind of into what I'm doing so not really giving it too much thought...yet.  Finally it dawns on me, I have been hearing it for far too long now to ignore it any longer, it's been about 20 minutes and it's starting to drive me nuts.  I look up and listen.  No tap.  I go back to what I'm doing...TAP TAP TAP.  I look up again. There is nothing in the room with me, what the heck could it be. No tap.  Back to my work...TAP TAP TAP.  Now I jump up annoyed and I rip back the curtain to look outside and this is what I see...



Photo: I have the curtains closed to help keep the heat out...I keep hearing a tapping on the window and this is what I found it to be...
The culprit of the TAP TAP TAP


The word tap is in all caps because the sound was loud...and it's on screen...not the glass.  I know this butterfly is my David...tapping away, watching me get annoyed because it is funny to watch.  It is my David, on this last day of May letting me know that even though May is now dead...he is only transformed.  This little beauty stuck around for another 30 minutes without tapping...then flew away.

I love my husband so.

No comments:

Post a Comment