Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Monday, July 1, 2013

The Family We Choose

I was reminded again how amazing my friends are.  I mean, I already think that anyway...but talking with my mother just now really hit it home again.

She said that in all her years of life, she never heard of a group of people who were so good to each other, who did for each other the way we do.  She has had many friends, but nothing even almost like my friends.  She stated that in her circles of the past she was the lone friend who would be there, and do for her friends but when she was the one in need her friends were nowhere to be found, in fact some were never found again.  I told her that is exactly how it always had been in my life...until these people.

I know David felt the same.  He knew the friends of old served a purpose once, but with time and age and maturity you realize that not all people are meant to be in your life forever.  Wisdom allows you to see that only the true friends, the ones that choose you for you, whether old or new, will walk with you to the end of your days and that is okay.

The family David and I chose, we love them, we are always there for them as are they for us.  We have nurtured and cultivated these connections over the past 5 years and I can only hope we will all be together for the rest of our lives.

I feel truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment