Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Penny

We've been home from Arkansas now for a week.  There is no food in the house so I guess it's time to hit the market.  Once inside the store the sky opens up and the floodgates are let loose. It is raining so hard everyone in the store is looking out the windows at the their car...way out there in the rain.  Crap!

I finish my list and hit the register...as usual I let several 2, 3, 4 item people cut in front of me. My good deed for the day...I'm bagging my own items while the cashier is ringing up a man who was behind me.  I can hear that he has come up short on money for his items, not much, but even if it is a penny it is horrifying when it is you that it happens to.  I immediately reach in my wallet and give the cashier what she needs and the man just looks at me and his eyes and his mouth say 'Thank You'.  I tell him it was my pleasure and go back to what I was doing.  He leaves.

Now it is my turn to brave the rapids which once was a parking lot.   And me being me...I parked as far away as I could.  My only form of exercise these days.  I start to run but one step out from under the overhang and I realize that is pointless, so I shrug my shoulders burst out laughing and walk to my car.  I use the word 'soaked' lightly...I am drenched!  And it is very funny to me.  I notice a little older man running with his one bag to his truck as I turn to place my first bag in the trunk...when I look up he is standing at my cart and handing me one bag at a time for me to put inside.  I thank him so many times it is now silly.  I am so struck that this gentleman is willing to get 'drenched' with me just so he can help me.  I feel very very happy and light inside.   We are done...I thank him and he leaves.  I go put the cart back where it belongs and start running back to my car and it is there right in front of me...a brand new shiny penny...just for me. I will believe this is David letting me know he sent the help just when I needed it most.  

I am a lucky girl and I adore my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment