Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Sunday, July 28, 2013

The heart

One day on facebook a friend asked me if I had experienced any dreams of David yet.  It was getting close to the 3 week anniversary of his death and I hadn't had a one, but I didn't think anything of it really because I actually NEVER dreamt of him, even when he was alive.  A fact that at first bothered him until I explained that in my world, my head, if I am dreaming of a boyfriend/husband then it means that man has done something wrong in our relationship and the stress of it comes out in a dream.  So to not dream of him means all is right in our world! To the friend I explained that to her and she said oh.   

The next day I was having a tough day so a friend came over to be with me for the afternoon and we got talking about 'signs' and had I had any more since the flowers...she posed the same dream question to me.  I just laughed and told her about the conversation the night before with the facebook friend.   And again I gave the same response.

After my friend went home that night I climbed into bed and did my best to get still and comfortable so I could hopefully get some sleep.  I haven't had much luck in that department since David died.  As usual I tossed and turned and fought off the visions of that fateful day on the rocks with my friend and my husband.  This was starting to become routine.  At some point I obviously slept because next thing I know it is 6am and I'm awake.  It was a Saturday morning so I decided to stay in bed for a bit rather than jump right up which is what is normal for me.  I must have dozed off because I awoke again with a start...the clock said 7am.  I sat bolt upright with my mouth hanging open.  I had a dream about David.  It went like this...

He and I were settling in for a movie day which we did lately on the weekends.  I had set out on the coffee table, all the fixings for building your own sandwiches.  There was enough for each of us to have one giant pita pocket sandwich ( 4 quarters each).  We sat back and ate our first quarter...David's being gone in three bites, mine took much longer.  In the time it took me to eat one quarter he ate two and was already into his third.  I got up to use the restroom and when I came back he was on his last quarter.  This is all so funny to me because it is exactly how it would be in reality.  I sat back down and didn't immediately reach to make my next piece and so he made it and ate it.  I then watched as he polished off all that was left on the table with no regard to the fact that it was mine.  I just looked at him with a face that said 'really?!?'  All innocent like he said 'well you weren't eating it'.  I got up and said 'you are a HUGE ass' and went into the kitchen.  It was then that I heard him following me all ready to play so I said 'get away from me you pain in the ass' and started running from him around the kitchen island...he kept chasing me and we were both laughing as I fled down the hall with him chasing me into the bathroom.  Dream over.  Now I am awake and all I can think is...why did he chase me into the bathroom?  

I went about my morning, drinking coffee and making plans for the day.  I went in to take a shower and afterwards I leaned over the tub and combed my wet hair...I do this so any loose hair will collect in the tub and I can then just pick it up and put it in the trash so it isn't all over the floor.  I have issues, I know.  Anyways, I combed my hair and when I looked at the floor of the tub I saw what you see below...


Photo: Today is a significant day...3rd week anniversary...This is what I saw in the floor of the tub.  I choose to believe!
1 lone hair on the floor of the tub


I was awestruck to say the least.  No other hair fell out of my head this morning but the one, and this is it...the sign from my husband that I so needed on this day...the third week anniversary of his death.  He is with me, he hears me and he is still taking care of me.

I love you my David.

No comments:

Post a Comment