Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Monday, June 10, 2013

It is October 8, 2009.

I'm standing in Little Rock Airport, and I'm FREAKING OUT!  Why am I freaking out?  Well...only because I am here to meet the 18 year old boy who once was the love of my life...the now 45 year old man who once again has become the love of my life.

I know that I, for one, look NOTHING like I did when I was 16...27 years, 2 kids and lots of life under my belt.  I know he loves me, he's been telling me for the past 2 months as I have told him.  BUT, what will he think when he sees me...all the reminiscing we have done are of a much younger couple, maybe it is she he loves, maybe it is she he thinks he will find waiting for him at the end of the sky walk, maybe it is she that he longs for.  God I am a mess, I can't take the suspense...I start reading my book...anything to take my mind off of the 'what if's'.  I read and I wait and I lose myself in my book.  Some time later I notice people passing by, people who clearly just got off a plane.  I watch for my David but he isn't there so I read again, this isn't his plane.  After a few more pages I hear "Oh my God" and I look up just in time to see him drop his bags and envelope me in a huge, passionate embrace.  He is holding my face and kissing me all over and saying things like 'beautiful' and 'love' and we are crying and laughing and memorizing every line on each others face.  It is then that he tells me "I now know that our time together 27 years ago was purely so our hearts would recognize one another later when the time became right".  There in that crowded airport...right that very moment, I knew exactly the answer to every 'why' in my life.  This man, my David, was the answer.  It is he who I was put on this Earth to be with, it was he who my heart longed for all these years.  The path leading to this day now made perfect sense.  My heart was finally home.

My David and I 27 years later...

No comments:

Post a Comment