Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Me...In the interim

Okay...so it's the next day.  HA, kidding of course.

In the days and weeks and years after David and I broke up I too lived my life well.  Inside the year that my time ended with David I found a new boyfriend...the boy next door.  I know, how cliche right?  It was definitely that.  I would spend the next 7 or 8 years with him...thinking he was THE one but ultimately he wasn't.  We knew we both wanted different things and so we too parted ways.  Such is young love.  

In 1985 I graduated High School, had a handful of jobs and then decided it was time for me to spread my wings.  I chose Florida as my solo debut and for the next two years I worked hard and lived the adventure of a life.  The sea, the sun and the boys...every young girls dream life I would say.  However, 2 years of that was all it took before I felt compelled to return to where I call home...Massachusetts.  You see I had a very lucrative job offer with the Federal Government that I just couldn't pass up.  Plus, it brought me back to my family, my soft place to fall.

After returning home I met a man in 1992, who would become the father of my beautiful daughter, we were together for 5 long years before going our separate ways in 1997.   In December of that year I was downsized and found myself at a crossroads...would I stay in MA or head for the Mountains of Arkansas where my parents had moved to only months after my daughter was born.  I decided to stay put for a time but later decided it was more important that my daughter and my parents form some kind of relationship,  so off we went, the year was 1999.  Life there was simple, excruciating, and tragic all rolled into one, but I am now going to jump ahead to the year 2007.  One day I came home to find a mysterious message on my answering machine that says...'Is this my old friend who lived at 267 Chestnut Street?'  I found out who it was by searching on the internet, It was my old love David...ultimately I would not handle this information in the appropriate fashion and we never made contact, and so it went.  More life to live.

Enter the era of Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment