Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Proposal

I'm remembering the day you proposed to me, standing at the ocean with our kids all running around us.

Gillian and Nathan freely walking off to explore but Joshua content to play in the surf with me.  I remember you kept shooing him away and me saying 'it's okay for him to hang with us, we're having fun.'  finally you pulled him aside and next thing I know he is heading off to find the others...

You came to me at the waters edge then and held me by my shoulders, you looked me in the eyes and said "do you trust me Kristen?"...I looked to the right, at the surf, and said "David Machado, if you throw me in I'm taking you with me".  I looked back into your face and you were smiling at me but your face was so serious...you asked me again..."Do you trust me?"  Nervously I said "Yes babe, I trust you with my life and with my kids lives...why?  you are making me nervous."  You turned me to look at our 3 kids and said "look at them, look at how happy they are, they all love each other so much".  Then you turned me back to face you and said...

"I have loved you since I was 17 and I have been trying to find you again for almost that long.  Our paths never crossed in all these years, but as you once told me, I know that we had met as kids so our hearts would be able to recognize and find each other again when it was our time.  Now that I have found you, I never want to lose you again...will you be my wife...will you marry me?"

In my head was a million things...all my fears and all my hopes and dreams swimming around together.  Then I was thinking 'good thing we had the conversation of how I never wanted to get married!'...and then I looked at your beautiful, sweet face and I knew right then and there..."Of course I will marry you baby".    And the rest is history...

I miss you my love and I thank God every day that I was your wife.



No comments:

Post a Comment