Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Saturday, June 8, 2013

The year is 2013, but my story begins 31 years ago...in 1982.

In 1982 I was 15, and in those days hanging out at the local arcade was most popular...

On the weekends just about everyone who was anyone could be found at Mr G's  (As if we all didn't see enough of each other at school all week)  The place was so mysterious, all dark inside and loud and jam packed with kids...and I was one of the everyone!  I spent all my time at one machine...Centipede...a bright green, lighted, stand alone game machine, I LOVED it and I was a PRO, my name was all over that high score list and I thought I was cool.  HA, funny how times have changed.

This night I was there with my friend Nancy, she would head directly to Asteroids and me...Centipede.  (we wouldn't see each other again for hours)  At some point I gave up my prime spot to the poor soul who had been at my shoulder waiting very patiently for his turn at bat,  and I went in search of Nancy. I had just stepped outside and was standing on the edge of the side walk, up on my tip toes trying to see if  I could find her...it was then that I noticed this guy watching me, and he was beautiful!  I couldn't let him know I saw him watching though, that would just be too weird, so I just kept looking for Nancy...sort of. I didn't see her anywhere so back to my centipede machine!

Probably fifteen minutes later I noticed someone at my shoulder again and knew I was gonna need to pass the torch again soon, I glanced up and said "I'll be done in a minute" instantly realizing I was looking into the face of the beautiful guy from the parking lot. (OH. MY. GOD)  He was a little taller than me, had a THICK head of dark brown hair, tight levis jeans, work boots and a navy blue jacket.  Suddenly I was cold and shivering and the damn centipede had just killed me...crap!  My gorgeous audience said "Hi, I'm Dave, and you are the cutest girl I have ever seen." And with that,  he took off his jacket and put it on me...and with that we were in love.  A love that lasted a year, a love that could have been forever if not for our age.  At sixteen I knew what we had going was much too intense, it was far more than I could cope with so young, I knew there was so much more life to live, experiences to be had...for both of us, and so with that in mind I broke up with my David after one glorious year, and with that I broke his heart.  I did not mean to, I did not want to, I loved him dearly but I knew it was time to move on...and I broke his heart.
My David
1983


No comments:

Post a Comment