Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Monday, June 24, 2013

A Watery Farewell...

Well it is done, the moment that we have anticipated for weeks now...the watery farewell of our soul sister Evelyn.

It had been 49 days since I walked the streets of Rocky Neck with Evelyn and my David,  49  days since we sat on the deck of Sailor Stan's and toasted the day, toasted us, toasted our lives and toasted our loves.  49 days since we felt joy together, since we laughed from deep down in our guts, since we walked arm in arm through these streets because to not would have felt like being oceans apart.  49 days since we shared secrets, made plans and toasted our lives.  

This day is worlds away from what we had in mind on that day.  This day and the 48 before it wasn't even in the ballpark of what we had been thinking on that beautiful, sunny, warm spring day of May 5th 2013.   We could not have dreamed this day, on that day, for our future...but here we are.  

This day 49 days later, a new group of us walked the streets of Rocky Neck Art Colony, a parade if you will on this beautiful, sunny, hot summer day of June 23rd 2013, a parade of celebrants, friends, family, mourners on a journey to the waters edge for a final farewell to a woman that had such a giant impact in each and every one of our lives.  Some spoke, some laughed and some, like myself, walked alone with our thoughts as we made our way through this place of beauty.  All of this was excruciatingly hard for me, to keep it together has become my new skill, and I have just about perfected the art of keeping myself in check.  

It has been 49 days since I walked these streets with my friend Evelyn and my cherished husband, it has been 49 days since I watched them both drown in these waters, it has been 49 days since my hopes, my dreams, and my heart were taken out to sea leaving me behind, to make my way alone to this watery farewell...

This day was simply beautiful.


A wondrous place to lay your head...



No comments:

Post a Comment