Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Facebook Posts to My Husband...

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Facebook...July 28, 2009

I am on Facebook...that mystical realm that my child has been begging me to let her join.  I have said no for so long now but decided that 'as a fair and good witch', I would create an account, figure it all out,  and then decide if I would let her have one.  No harm no foul...plus an old friend from home said if I wanted her to communicate with me I would have to step into the Facebook era because she didn't use the phone.  Pffff...fine...no need to get testy!  I joined, purely for research purposes...<grin>.  


It's the end of July, it's 110 in the shade in Arkansas so I am inside luxuriating in central air...a glorious thing.  I decide to just pop on Facebook real quick and there staring me in the face is a post on my wall that says:

Hi Kristen

I'm so very glad you and your family are doing well.  I've always wondered how you all were.  I stay in Wrentham through out all of July every year at a nice lake house on Lake Pearl.  My friend Christopher rents the home and I supply the boat,  seems like a fair deal to me.  Our children have a wonderful time there.  Hope to see you sometime We had so much fun, (Way back in the day).  lol

Sincerely,

Dave...  

What?  He found me AGAIN...and apparently this time it took me too long to reply so he hits me with: 

"Chicken.  Lol.  so do you really live in MA still.  I drive by Chestnut St every day in July.  Weird huh?"  

CHICKEN you say...HA...I'll show him.  Wait for it...here it comes...my big come back...  

"I live in Arkansas, not MA.  Haven't been in MA since August 1999.  I miss it a ton.  My brother lives in Woonsocket and I miss him tons too."  

Now I know what you are thinking.  I sound so friendly and welcoming...HA...clearly I am in shock people.  Give me a break...it's been 27 years!  But he does reply.  

"How nice.  That is a long time.  I drove through Arkansas last May.  It is so nice to have found you here today.  I'm still smiling.  I have just so much more to tell you.  If you wouldn't mind of course."  

Still in shock mind you I come back once again with a warm and fuzzy reply..."feel free". Really?  Hellooo?  What is wrong with me...poor fella.  But he does...he feels free...he tells me about his life, and from that minute on without delay we are together again.  That was it, that was all it took.  What you see above was all we needed to rekindle a love affair that began 27 years prior. 

Yeah,  I would have to say a lot of life was lived after losing touch with David in 1983, for both of us.  It would be 27 years before we would hear each others voice again and just three short months after that when we would be standing in an airport arms wrapped around each other crying, laughing and thanking God we had found each other again. 

Who knew...

No comments:

Post a Comment